Let’s say you want to hire someone to make a spectacular wedding cake. Would you hire a baker who specializes in cupcakes? Sometimes you need someone who has experience in what you specifically need. To handle a disability claim, you need a disability lawyer – not an estate planning attorney or a non-attorney advocate. We’re going to tell you why you need a California disability attorney on your side when faced with the disability claims process.
Training and Education Matter
All lawyers study law and take the bar exam to become licensed. Non-attorney advocates do participate in training, but not at the same level as an attorney. There simply are things a non-attorney advocate can’t do that a California disability attorney can. For example, non-attorney advocates do not:
- Give legal advice because they are not licensed to practice law. Instead, they can help you fill out paperwork.
- Represent you in court if your disability claim is denied and you have to appeal.
- Abide by the same professional rules of conduct.
So, if you rule out non-attorney advocates, you may start looking for a lawyer. Although all attorneys receive basic legal training, an attorney who specializes spends more time and energy into learning their specialty.
Why trust your disability claim to someone who doesn’t fully understand the complicated disability process?
Experience Matters, Too
An attorney who has the training and experience to handle your disability claim offers the following advantages:
- A mastery of the basics … and more. Okay, your lawyer needs to understand what paperwork to complete and what supporting evidence to provide. An experienced lawyer also understands how a government agency views and processes your application.
- The ability to handle unusual or difficult circumstances. Not all disability cases are the same. An experienced California disability attorney can analyze your circumstances based on years of experience.
- To denial and beyond. The great majority of initial disability claims are rejected. Do you know what to do with a disability rejection letter? Your experienced California disability attorney does.
Call to Get a California Disability by Your Side
You may be just one of the hundreds of clients your experienced lawyer has managed. However, you will not just a number to the attorneys at The Law Offices of Martin Taller. Besides, why settle for a frosted sugar cookie when you really need a seven-tiered cake covered in ivory roses?
The application process can be long and frustrating, so you need someone to be with you the entire way. After all, we have more than 50 years’ experience. For a free consultation, call us at 714-385-8100. Though our office is located in Anaheim, we assist clients throughout Southern California.